History of Bella Frutta
In 1914, vegetable grower Vincenzo Ricchiuti ventured from his home in Italy and traveled to America, settling in the fertile San Joaquin Valley. He and his wife Loretta planted the seeds for what would become a four-generation farming business.
In 1946, Vincenzo's son Pat Ricchiuti returned home from World War II and decided to open a small roadside stand called Bella Frutta to sell freshly harvested vegetables and fruit locally grown on the family farm. Pat and his wife Frances continued to expand their family farming operation and established P-R Farms, Inc. in Clovis, California in 1963 specializing in the growing, packing, and shipping of tree fruit and almonds.
Over the years, Bella Frutta has become a popular, local retail favorite with a wide variety of goods including fresh and dried fruit, assorted nuts, candies, firewood, and specially created gift boxes and baskets. Today, Patrick V. Ricchiuti and his son Vincent represent the third and fourth generation of agriculturalists who remain committed to the family tradition of providing the highest quality products and customer satisfaction.